Professor, Department of Chemistry
Affiliated Faculty, CMU-Pitt Molecular Biophysics/Structural Biology Program
Affiliated Faculty, CMU-Pitt Computational Biology Program
ltchong AT pitt DOT edu
Current Group Members
mls333 AT pitt DOT edu
Incoming Postdoctoral Fellow
Chemistry Graduate Student
atb43 AT pitt DOT edu
Chemistry Graduate Student
jml230 AT pitt DOT edu
Molecular Biophysics/ Structural Biology Graduate Student
dty7 AT pitt DOT edu
Pitt Medical Student
hep32 AT pitt DOT edu
rca27 AT pitt DOT edu
Visiting Masters Student
ris130 AT pitt DOT edu
Group Alumni (in reverse alphabetical order for a change :))
- Matthew Zwier, PhD in Chemistry (2013), A&S and Mellon Fellow, now an Associate Professor at Drake University.
- Yiwen Zou, BS in Chemistry (2012), PharmD student at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Med, now a Specialty Clinical Pharmacist.
- David Wang, BPhil in Chemistry & Applied Math (2012), Harvard-MIT HST program, now a resident at U. Pittsburgh Medical School.
- Erin Walsh (2017), First Experiences Undergraduate Program participant.
- Paul Torrillo, BS in Molecular Biology & Applied Math (2021), now a math graduate student at MIT.
- Jakob Sorkness, BS in Chemistry(2017), Writer in Residence, now at Salubris Biotherapeutics.
- Claire Shao, North Allegheny Senior High School (2019-2020), now an MIT undergraduate.
- Joseph Seemiller (2011), TecBio REU participant, now a neurology resident at Geisinger Medical Center.
- Reza Salari, PhD in Chemistry (2012), A&S Fellow, now a resident at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis.
- Maria (Panteva) Salari, BS in Chemistry (2010), Assistant Professor at McKendree University.
- Ali Sinan Saglam, PhD in Chemistry (2018), DAAD Grant awardee, now a postdoc at U. Pittsburgh Medical School.
- Nicholas Rego, BS in Bioinformatics & Economics (2012), now a graduate student in biophysics at U. Pennsylvania.
- Brandon Mills, BPhil/MS in Chemistry (2014), A&S Fellow, now a Senior Analyst at Accenture Scientific Informatics Services.
- Joseph Kaus, BS in Chemistry (2011), A&S Fellow, now a Senior Scientist at Schrodinger.
- Parmila Kafley, BS in chemistry & political science (2020), now a graduate student in chemistry at Temple University.
- Page Harrison, BS in comp sci & physics (2021).
- Daniel Hatfield, BS in Chemistry (2013), A&S Fellow, now a chemistry graduate student at UCLA.
- Natalia Hajlasz, Allderdice High School (2014-2017), Regeneron High School STS 2017 Finalist, now a Harvard undergraduate.
- Gabriel Garcia-Borrero, BS in Biochemistry (2020), Brackenridge Fellow.
- Elissa Fink (2017), TecBio REU participant, now a graduate student in biophysics at UCSF.
- Max Dudek, BS in Molecular Biology & Computer Science (2021), NSF GRFP Award.
- Alex DeGrave, BS in Molecular Biology & Applied Math (2018), now an MD/PhD student at U. Washington.
- Karl Debiec, PhD in Biophysics (2017), Co-advisor: Angela Gronenborn, Mellon Fellow, now a software engineer at Epic Systems.
- Kayva Darapuneni (2017), First Experiences Undergraduate Program participant.
- Charles Bobcheck, BS in Chemistry (2012).
- Monica Bhattacharjee, BS in Chemistry (2009), medical student at the U. Maryland at Baltimore.
- Andrew Bellesis, MS in Biophysics (2020), now a Research Associate at BlueSphere Bio.
- Lewis Baker, BS in Applied Math (2015), now a graduate student in mathematics at UC Boulder.